Please read this Terms of Service agreement (the “Agreement”) carefully. Your access to or use of the Site (as defined below) constitutes your agreement to be bound by this Agreement.
This Agreement is between you and W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. and its affiliates (referred to below collectively as “Gore,” “we,” and “us”) concerning your use of the website from which you are accessing this Agreement (together with any successor site(s), the “Site”).
1. Acceptance of Terms. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Agreement and to any additional rules and guidelines that we may post on the Site. We may make changes to this Agreement (and to any such additional rules and guidelines) from time to time; we may notify you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site. You can determine when we last changed this Agreement by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend above. Your access to or use of the Site following changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of those changes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any changes to this Agreement shall not apply to any dispute between you and Gore arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised version of this Agreement incorporating such changes or otherwise notified you of such changes. We may, at any time, modify or discontinue all or part of the Site; charge, modify or waive any fees required to use the Site; or offer opportunities to some or all Site users.
BY USING THE SITE, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE EITHER: (A) OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT; OR (B) THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD UNDER THE LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF YOUR CHILD. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (18), then, as used in this Agreement, “you,” “yourself,” “your,” and “user” means and refers to you on behalf of yourself and your child who is the user of the Site
2. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled and/or operated from the United States, and is not intended to subject Gore to non-U.S. jurisdiction or laws, except as otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions outside of the United States. If you access or use the Site, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
3. Rules of Conduct. While using the Site, you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your access to and use of the Site is conditioned upon your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this Section 3; your failure to comply with any such rule may result in termination of your access to or use of the Site (or any part thereof) pursuant to Section 8 below. You agree that you will not:
Post, transmit or otherwise make available through or in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware or other computer code, file or program that is or is potentially harmful or invasive or intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
Use the Site to harvest or collect personally identifiable information about users of the Site.
Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirement, procedure, policy or regulation of such servers or networks.
Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
Reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, adapt, translate, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose any portion of (or any access to or use of) the Site without Gore’s express prior written consent.
Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, except where such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law.
Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
Frame or mirror any portion of the Site without Gore’s express prior written consent.
Systematically download and store Site content.
Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or otherwise gather Site content, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, without Gore’s express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and subject to the following sentence, Gore grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of (and solely to the extent necessary for) creating publicly available, searchable indices of such materials. Such permission is subject to compliance with any instructions posted in the robots.txt file located in the Site’s root directory, and Gore reserves the right to revoke such permission either generally or in specific cases, at any time and without notice.
Use the Site to distribute any information which is offensive, harmful, derogatory, inaccurate, deceptive or otherwise inappropriate or unlawful.
By submitting, posting or displaying any information, including but not limited to text, graphics, photos or other materials (“Your Content”) on or through the Site, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) which is not restricted in terms of time, place and purpose to use Your Content in miscellaneous media, such as print media, film and electronic media including the internet and social media. This license includes but is not limited to the right to edit, modify or otherwise transform Your Content and to reproduce, publish and distribute Your Content in the original or in modified, edited or transformed form.
You also acknowledge and agree that you (and not Gore) are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telecommunications, networking and computer hardware, equipment and services needed to access and use the Site, and paying all related charges.
4. Gore’s Proprietary Rights. We and/or our licensors and suppliers own the information and materials made available through the Site. Such information and materials are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized in advance by us, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on, all or any part of the Site or any information or materials made available through the Site.
Gore trademarks [LINK to applicable trademarks] and associated Gore logos are protected worldwide. All trademarks and service marks on the Site not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trade names, trademarks or service marks in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trade names, trademarks or service marks without the express prior written consent of the owner.
5. Links. The Site may provide links to other websites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Other sites may link to the Site with or without our authorization, and we may block any links to or from the Site.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND OTHER ONLINE RESOURCES, INCLUDING YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH SUCH RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH RESOURCES.
6. DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Site and any goods, services, content, information and materials (including third party goods, services, content, information and materials) made available through or in connection with the Site are provided to you “as is” without any express representations or warranties of any kind, and each of the Gore Entities disclaims all statutory or implied representations, warranties, terms and conditions with respect to the Site and all goods, services, content, information and materials (including third party goods, services, content, information and materials) made available through or in connection with the Site, including any representations or warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, noninfringement and title. You agree that you must evaluate, and that you bear all risks associated with, the use of the Site, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any materials available through the Site.
None of the Gore Entities shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind in connection with the Site, under any theory, including damages for loss of profits, loss or interruption of business, loss of use, loss of data, loss of other intangibles, loss of security of information you have provided in connection with your use of the Site, or unauthorized interception of any such information by third parties, even if advised in advance of such damages or losses. Your sole and exclusive remedy for dissatisfaction with the Site is to stop using the Site. The maximum liability of the Gore Entities for all damages, losses and causes of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall be the total amount, if any, paid by you to Gore to access and use the Site.
ALL THIRD PARTY CONTENT, WHETHER POSTED OR SUBMITTED TO US IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON FROM WHOM SUCH CONTENT ORIGINATED. WE MAY NOT MONITOR OR CONTROL THE CONTENT POSTED VIA THE SITE. WE WILL NOT TAKE RESPONIBILITY FOR SUCH CONTENT AND WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OPINIONS EXPRESSED VIA THE SITE.
It is possible that applicable law may not allow for limitations on certain implied warranties, or exclusions or limitations of certain damages; solely to the extent that such law applies to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
While we try to maintain the security of the Site, we do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or that any use of the Site will be uninterrupted. Please note that information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site. If you become aware of any unauthorized third-party alteration to the Site, please contact us [LINKTO: http://www.goreapparel.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-GoreUS-Site/default/CustomerService-ContactUs]with a description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location of such material(s). We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Site.
7. Indemnity. Except to the extent prohibited under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Gore Entities from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site; (b) any violation or alleged violation of this Agreement by you; or (c) any claim that any of your Submissions or any use or exploitation thereof caused damage to or infringed upon or violated the rights of a third party, including past, present or future infringement, misappropriation, libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, or violation of any right related to the foregoing.
8. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Gore, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the Site, your user name and password and/or any files or information associated with your user name, at any time and for any reason, including if Gore believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement (including if you repeatedly engage in copyright infringement via or in connection with the Site). Upon any such termination, your right to use the Site will immediately cease. You agree that the Gore Entities shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination. Sections 2, 4-9, 12 and 13 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
9. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Disputes hereunder shall be submitted to a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of Delaware, U.S.A. and you waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. You further agree that the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods will not apply to this Agreement.
10. Filtering. We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available on the two web sites GetNetWise (http://kids.getnetwise.org/) and OnGuard Online (http://onguardonline.gov/). Please note that Gore does not endorse any of the products or services listed at such site.
11. Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site or this Agreement, please contact us [http://www.goreapparel.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-GoreUS-Site/default/CustomerService-ContactUs ]. You may also contact us by writing to or please write to the following address: W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc., 555 Paper Mill Road, Newark, DE 19711, U.S.A.
California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
12. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Site infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Gore a notice requesting that Gore remove the material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send Gore a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to: W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. Legal Department at 551 Paper Mill Road, Newark, DE 19711. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before submitting a notice or counter-notice.
13. Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or agency relationship between you and Gore. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. Any such attempted assignment, transfer or sublicense shall be void. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only for convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. The term “including” as used herein means “including without limitation.” This Agreement hereby incorporates by this reference any additional terms that we post on the Site (including the Transaction Terms) and, except as otherwise expressly stated herein, this Agreement is the entire agreement between you and Gore relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Gore relating to such subject matter. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site, by e-mail, or by regular mail, in Gore’s discretion. Without limitation, you agree that a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given hereunder in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Gore will not be responsible for failures to fulfill any of Gore’s obligations due to causes beyond its control.
Site ©2012 W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.